Quantcast

How to merge checklist and combobox behaviour ?

How to merge checklist and combobox behaviour ?

Hartman
Dear all,

I've looking for hours on wxpython demos to find a combination of :
 - a choice/combobox widget
 - and a checkboxlist

My goal is to add a standard choice list into a toolbar (that's OK) ,
but I would like the items displayed to be checkable (that is KO) in a
same way  as it would for a standard checklist.

Did I miss something or this kind of widget doesn't exist yet ?

Do I have to implement a custom widget on a derived class of
wx.ControlWithItems or wx.ItemContainer (but there's only string
involved)

Thanks.

Re: How to merge checklist and combobox behaviour ?

Werner-2
On 11/04/2012 18:58, Hartman wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I've looking for hours on wxpython demos to find a combination of :
>   - a choice/combobox widget
>   - and a checkboxlist
>
> My goal is to add a standard choice list into a toolbar (that's OK) ,
> but I would like the items displayed to be checkable (that is KO) in a
> same way  as it would for a standard checklist.
>
> Did I miss something or this kind of widget doesn't exist yet ?
Maybe the checklistbox combined with a popupcontrol?  In the demo the
popupcontrol uses a calendar control, but it can really just about be
any control which pops up.

Werner

On 4/11/12 9:58 AM, Hartman wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I've looking for hours on wxpython demos to find a combination of :
>   - a choice/combobox widget
>   - and a checkboxlist
>
> My goal is to add a standard choice list into a toolbar (that's OK) ,
> but I would like the items displayed to be checkable (that is KO) in a
> same way  as it would for a standard checklist.
>
> Did I miss something or this kind of widget doesn't exist yet ?
>
> Do I have to implement a custom widget on a derived class of
> wx.ControlWithItems or wx.ItemContainer (but there's only string
> involved)

Take a look at the wx.combo.ComboCtrl class.  It works like a combobox
but you implement the contents and behavior of the popup yourself.

http://wxPython.org

C M

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 1:39 PM, Robin Dunn <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 4/11/12 9:58 AM, Hartman wrote:
Dear all,

I've looking for hours on wxpython demos to find a combination of :
 - a choice/combobox widget
 - and a checkboxlist

My goal is to add a standard choice list into a toolbar (that's OK) ,
but I would like the items displayed to be checkable (that is KO) in a
same way  as it would for a standard checklist.

I've done something like this with a comboctrl, as Robin mentioned, and it works well.

Che

Re: How to merge checklist and combobox behaviour ?

Hartman
Thanks, I've done this as you mentionned above and it reaches my goal.