How to add horizontal scroll?

Virgil Stokes
I am usingwx.lib.dialogs.ScrolledMessageDialog  (wxPython vers. 3.0.0.0
with Python 2.7.5 on a Windows Vista 32-bit platform) and some of my
text messages contain lines that are rather long and cause the text to
wrap-around.

How can I attach a horizontal scroll bar that I can use to show all the
text in a line without wrap-around?

Re: How to add horizontal scroll?

Virgil Stokes
On 27-Feb-14 01:53, Virgil Stokes wrote:
> I am usingwx.lib.dialogs.ScrolledMessageDialog  (wxPython vers.
> 3.0.0.0 with Python 2.7.5 on a Windows Vista 32-bit platform) and some
> of my text messages contain lines that are rather long and cause the
> text to wrap-around.
>
> How can I attach a horizontal scroll bar that I can use to show all
> the text in a line without wrap-around?

Sorry about the typo, It should read:

I am usingwx.lib.dialogs.ScrolledMessageDialog  (wxPython vers. 3.0.0.0
with Python 2.7.5 on a Windows Vista 32-bit platform) and some of my
text messages contain lines that are rather long and cause the text to
wrap-around.

How can I attach a horizontal scroll bar that I can use to show all the
text in a line without wrap-around?

Re: How to add horizontal scroll?

Robin Dunn
Virgil Stokes wrote:
> On 27-Feb-14 01:53, Virgil Stokes wrote:
> I am usingwx.lib.dialogs.ScrolledMessageDialog (wxPython vers. 3.0.0.0
> with Python 2.7.5 on a Windows Vista 32-bit platform) and some of my
> text messages contain lines that are rather long and cause the text to
> wrap-around.
>
> How can I attach a horizontal scroll bar that I can use to show all the
> text in a line without wrap-around?

The ScrolledMessageDialog class is a very simple one.  You can easily
copy that code and customize how the textctrl is created.

http://wxPython.org