How can I disable auto indentation in py.shell?

How can I disable auto indentation in py.shell?

bradcan
I have a wx.py.shell on which I execute runfile(some.py)

If some.py contains properly indented python the shell inserts an extra indent to every line. The shell window is now difficult (impossible) to read and most ANNOYING any blank line, and all following  are flagged with 'IndentationError: unexpected indent.'

An extensive doc search does not reveal a solution. I guess a hasty hack would be to strip all leading white space.

Is there a clean solution? If not please consider a setting to achieve this.