Hiding Panels

gpraceman
I have a column in a FlexGridSizer with several panels.  I am able to show/hide the panels as needed.  However, when I hide a panel in the middle of the column, I would expect that the other panels would move up into the empty space but they are not.  I used wxFormBuilder to build the form and if I click on the hidden box for one of those panels in that program, it behaves just as I would expect.  Is there something else that I need to be doing after panel.Hide()?

Re: Hiding Panels

Rufus V. Smith
On 4/5/2015 11:48 AM, gpraceman wrote:
I have a column in a FlexGridSizer with several panels.  I am able to show/hide the panels as needed.  However, when I hide a panel in the middle of the column, I would expect that the other panels would move up into the empty space but they are not.  I used wxFormBuilder to build the form and if I click on the hidden box for one of those panels in that program, it behaves just as I would expect.  Is there something else that I need to be doing after panel.Hide()?
Wouldn't that require that panels change their grid position?
I don't think that is an automatic function.
You just have a grid with an unshown object in it.

C M

Re: Hiding Panels

C M

On Sun, Apr 5, 2015 at 11:48 AM, gpraceman <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have a column in a FlexGridSizer with several panels.  I am able to show/hide the panels as needed.  However, when I hide a panel in the middle of the column, I would expect that the other panels would move up into the empty space but they are not.  I used wxFormBuilder to build the form and if I click on the hidden box for one of those panels in that program, it behaves just as I would expect.  Is there something else that I need to be doing after panel.Hide()?

parent_of_the_panels.Layout()

Re: Hiding Panels

gpraceman
@Rufus
All of the panels are in the same grid cell.

@Che M
Thanks, panel.GetParent().Layout() worked.