GenericDirCtrl scrolling speed

Donn Ingle
Hi,
Is there any way to set the 'steps' or the smoothness of scrolling in a
GenericDirCtrl? I mean from the pov of the scroll wheel. It jumps too far
and it's hard to keep track of the items.

\d

Re: GenericDirCtrl scrolling speed

Donn Ingle
Any ideas?

\d

RE: GenericDirCtrl scrolling speed

yahody

Never messed with this, but there appears to be some info on changing the
lines scrolled in the MouseEvent docs:

http://www.wxpython.org/docs/api/wx.MouseEvent-class.html

GetLinesPerAction(self)  maybe be what you're looking for. It appears to
be related to EVT_MOUSEWHEEL

There is a sample script of sorts here:
http://www.manning-sandbox.com/thread.jspa?messageID=62497

Hope that helps.

Mike

Mike Driscoll wrote:
> There is a sample script of sorts here
Thanks for the post. I don't know if I want to get into that kind of
complexity just yet. I was hoping it would be a lot simpler. I'll see what
else may float-up on this list and live with it the way it is for now.

\d