Effective use of wxFrameBuilder

Rich Shepard
   As a brand-new wxFrameBuilder user I've created the project and the main
frame (menus, status bar, boxsizer, tabbed notebook). Next step is to add a
separate panel for each tab.

   What is the preferred approach for using wxFrameBuilder effectively?

   Should each panel on the notebook be a separate project so each has discrete
.py and .xrc files?

   My prior tabbed notebook project had the notebook as a separate class in
the main module, along with the main frame, menus, and status bar and
appropriate methods. Each panel was a separate module with the wxPython
framework and its appropriate methods. There's not much documentation that
I've found. I'm sure that with a bit of experience under my belt it will all
become (ahem!) 'intuitive.'

Rich

Re: Effective use of wxFrameBuilder

Robin Dunn
On Friday, April 6, 2018 at 3:56:52 PM UTC-7, Rich wrote:
   What is the preferred approach for using wxFrameBuilder effectively?

The short answer is: whatever approach makes the most sense to you and any others on your project. Experiment, try different approaches, choose one.

I have no long answer. ;-)

--
Robin

On Wed, 11 Apr 2018, Robin Dunn wrote:

>>    What is the preferred approach for using wxFrameBuilder effectively?

> The short answer is: whatever approach makes the most sense to you and any
> others on your project. Experiment, try different approaches, choose one.
>
> I have no long answer. ;-)

Robin,

   Thanks. Your short answer is ideal. I'm the only one on this project and
will use FB as I developed the UI without it.

Best regards,

Rich

Using wxFrameBuilder: add parameters for a choicebox

Rich Shepard
   Trying to learn how to use the latest wxFrameBuilder; it's frustating
without any docs.

   I try to add a choicebox, but as soon as I try to enter a second choice wxFB
crashes.

   This happens if I put all choices on a single line (but the up and down
arrows suggest this is not the correct way). It also happens after I enter
the first choice and press the Tab or Enter keys.

   How am I supposed to enter choices in this widget?

   Are there any docs for new uses like me?

Rich

Re: Using wxFrameBuilder: add parameters for a choicebox

Dietmar Schwertberger-2
On 4/11/2018 11:09 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> Are there any docs for new uses like me?

The wxGlade documentation includes a tutorial. The documentation is also
suitable for people who have not used wxPython before.

Regards,

Dietmar

Re: Using wxFrameBuilder: add parameters for a choicebox [RESOLVED]

Rich Shepard
On Wed, 11 Apr 2018, Dietmar Schwertberger wrote:

> The wxGlade documentation includes a tutorial. The documentation is also
> suitable for people who have not used wxPython before.

Dietmar,

   From what I can tell wxGlade is not the same as wxFrameBuilder.

   And, from trial-and-error I figured out how to populate the choicebox in
wxFrameBuilder.

Thanks,

Rich

Re: Effective use of wxFrameBuilder

Mario Lacunza-2
Sorry but whats wxFrameBuider?

Saludos / Best regards

Mario Lacunza
Email:: [hidden email]
Personal Website:: http://www.lacunza.biz/
Hosting:: http://mlv-host.com/
Skype: mlacunzav

Lima - Peru

On Wed, 11 Apr 2018, Mario Lacunza wrote:

> Sorry but whats wxFrameBuider?

   It's a mis-typing of wxFormBuilder. :-(

Rich

Re: Using wxFrameBuilder: add parameters for a choicebox

Mario Lacunza-2
Hi Rich,

I saw your answer in the other thread. So, I'm using wxFormBuilder for all my projects, with previous versions: yes it crash a lot and no, it don't have any manual.

Choices: in the property control (left side of wxFB), you will find the choices one ( I'm writing this from my memory check the correct names) it have a button for add it, popups a little window where you can add one by one and select the order.

What's your environment?

Enviado desde mi celular LG

On Thu, 12 Apr 2018, Mario Lacunza wrote:

> Choices: in the property control (left side of wxFB), you will find the
> choices one ( I'm writing this from my memory check the correct names) it
> have a button for add it, popups a little window where you can add one by
> one and select the order.

Mario,

   As I wrote in response to a previous message in the thread, I figured it
out by trial and error.

> What's your environment?

   Slackware-14.2

Regards,