ETS Phoenix repo sandbox

braidedlogix
Hello,
I just wanted to convey that I have finally set up github repos for the respective components of ETS and  couple of other items. There are repos for the various ETS components, as well as a couple of others. These are on github.com under braidedlogix.

There are still a lot of tests that need to be done, but things are running reasonably smoothly considering the complexity of everything. In testing a Py3 upgrade to PyModelFit, I discovered a segfaulting issue related to kiva/agg under Linux Mint 18.1 (with GCC 5.4). Oddly, the problem only pops up for colormaps and some images requiring conversions. Under Windows, no segfaults but a separate problem pops up with lack of coordination between mouse events/location and keyboard focus. I don't know if the latter problem is from PyModelFit or if it is exposing an issue in ETS, but the image issue is definitely not wxPython related.

Additionally, Under Linux I am getting segfaults during closing an app. In the close routine, I save some config and history files, then close and destroy the app. Whatever is causing the segfault doesn't seem to affect the successful saving of the info. The first time I ran the app under Windows, it gave me a "python closed unexpectedly" popup window, but oddly enough afterwards has had zero issues at close.

Cheers,
Eric

Cheers,
Eric

For those planning to take the dive and finally upgrade their apps to Phoenix, I must say that my translations for 4 apps has gone considerably better than my time with ETS.