Create report in pdf

Juvenal Claros
hi to all.
i would like to know which one library is the better for doing a report in pdf.... thanks for say you opinion.

Re: Create report in pdf

Umar Yusuf
You should check ReportLab it is good. I have used it to generate PDF reports from data in CSV file in the past.

On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 4:24 AM, Juvenal Claros <[hidden email]> wrote:
hi to all.
i would like to know which one library is the better for doing a report in pdf.... thanks for say you opinion.

**************************************

*Wouldn't you rather do Business with us?  *
privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information. If you have
original. Any use of the email by you is prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify the author by replying to this
e-mail immediately.

Re: Create report in pdf

Juvenal Claros wrote:

> i would like to know which one library is the better for doing a
> report in pdf.... thanks for say you opinion.

I agree with Umar; I have used ReportLab extensively in my Python code.
However, it depends on what you want.  The open source version of
ReportLab is a rather low-level PDF generator.  You use it much like
drawing on a DC, where you place each line and text string, and manage
the coordinates yourself.   That means you get a lot of precision, but
you're taking care of the details yourself.  There are some higher-level
primitives for grids and flowable paragraphs.

But if you are looking for a higher-level "report writer", you might
look at ReportLab's commercial product.  It builds on the base PDF
library with a higher-level report writer capability.