Can't make window smaller

Larry Martell
I have inherited an app (story of my life of late) and you cannot make
the window any smaller (but you can make it larger). What could be
preventing it from being resized smaller? What should I grep for to
find what is causing this? The window contains a Notebook with 2 tabs.
One tab has a Grid and the other has a Panel and 3 Grids.

Thanks!
-larry

Re: Can't make window smaller

werner-3
Hi Larry,

On 10/9/2014 23:39, Larry Martell wrote:
> I have inherited an app (story of my life of late) and you cannot make
> the window any smaller (but you can make it larger). What could be
> preventing it from being resized smaller? What should I grep for to
> find what is causing this? The window contains a Notebook with 2 tabs.
> One tab has a Grid and the other has a Panel and 3 Grids.
Probably:
http://wxpython.org/Phoenix/docs/html/Window.html?highlight=setminsize#Window.SetMinSize

Werner

Re: Can't make window smaller

Larry Martell
On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 1:54 AM, Werner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Larry,
>

> On 10/9/2014 23:39, Larry Martell wrote:
>>
>> I have inherited an app (story of my life of late) and you cannot make
>> the window any smaller (but you can make it larger). What could be
>> preventing it from being resized smaller? What should I grep for to
>> find what is causing this? The window contains a Notebook with 2 tabs.
>> One tab has a Grid and the other has a Panel and 3 Grids.
>
> Probably:
> http://wxpython.org/Phoenix/docs/html/Window.html?highlight=setminsize#Window.SetMinSize

Nope, no occurrences of SetMinSize.

Re: Can't make window smaller

werner-3
Hi Larry,

On 10/10/2014 14:28, Larry Martell wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 1:54 AM, Werner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Larry,
>>

>> On 10/9/2014 23:39, Larry Martell wrote:
>>> I have inherited an app (story of my life of late) and you cannot make
>>> the window any smaller (but you can make it larger). What could be
>>> preventing it from being resized smaller? What should I grep for to
>>> find what is causing this? The window contains a Notebook with 2 tabs.
>>> One tab has a Grid and the other has a Panel and 3 Grids.
>> Probably:
>> http://wxpython.org/Phoenix/docs/html/Window.html?highlight=setminsize#Window.SetMinSize
> Nope, no occurrences of SetMinSize.
answered here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26290757/wxpython-what-is-preventing-me-from-making-a-window-smaller/26292854?noredirect=1#comment41267743_26292854

Werner

Re: Can't make window smaller

Rufus V. Smith
Can you open the WIT (Widget Inspection Tool)?  It's amazingly useful!
You can examine the windows parent/child tree, individual attributes, events, etc.

import wx.lib.inspection
wx.lib.inspection.InspectionTool().Show()

The answer should be available in there.

Rufus

Re: Can't make window smaller

chajadan
On Thursday, October 9, 2014 2:39:55 PM UTC-7, [hidden email] wrote:
I have inherited an app (story of my life of late) and you cannot make
the window any smaller (but you can make it larger). What could be
preventing it from being resized smaller? What should I grep for to
find what is causing this? The window contains a Notebook with 2 tabs.
One tab has a Grid and the other has a Panel and 3 Grids.

Thanks!
-larry

I may be off here, but I have a type of notebook in my app on one side, and a pdf window on the other -- but the notebook/type alone refuses to shrink. One of the tabs of my notebook was changed from a wx.Panel to a wx.lib.scrolledpanel.ScrolledPanel and then the notebook/type got smaller than before, but the new min size was other panels. I'm thinking if you make all the panels scroll panels, it may allow full shrinking in my case, so also in yours (though the scrollbars may end up tad unsightly)

Re: Can't make window smaller

Larry Martell
On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 12:17 PM, Igor Korot <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Check for SetSizeHints() call.

No, there are no occurrences of SetSizeHints anywhere in the code.

> On Oct 9, 2014 4:39 PM, "Larry Martell" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I have inherited an app (story of my life of late) and you cannot make
>> the window any smaller (but you can make it larger). What could be
>> preventing it from being resized smaller? What should I grep for to
>> find what is causing this? The window contains a Notebook with 2 tabs.
>> One tab has a Grid and the other has a Panel and 3 Grids.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> -larry

Re: Can't make window smaller

chajadan

On Friday, October 10, 2014 10:22:26 AM UTC-7, Charles J. Daniels wrote:
[...]

I realize, in my case I have ScrolledPanel is some of the notebook tabs, and was going to add that to all the other tabs, but I'm not thinking it would do just as well, and be much quicker, to put the whole notebook on a ScrolledPanel itself, just like giving any other control a wx.Panel container.

Re: Can't make window smaller

chajadan

On Friday, October 10, 2014 10:59:24 AM UTC-7, Charles J. Daniels wrote:

[...]

I just verified in my own app that this does allow me to shrink the notebook. And in my case, I see I really am using a notebook, and not a listbook, or some other book.