Bad Request: Valid keyword missing

bobsrq
Your email dated 23-Jun-2019 04:16 PM with Subject= "[wxPython-users] Digest for [hidden email] - 6
 updates in 5 topics" had a bad keyword (No keywords found; must have one of odict_keys(['Member', 'Employee', 'Vendor'])) in the Subject so cannot be processed by the Club MasterList system at the CCoSHA gatehouse, if that was your intent.

[This message was generated automatically by software.  Do not reply to this message.]

Club MasterList processor <[hidden email]>: Jun 23 11:31AM -0400

Today's topic summary

Group: [hidden email]

- Set OK button permanently OK bypassing the dialogue [1 Update]
http://groups.google.com/group/wxpython-users/t/2aa65b007d9b237d

Topic: Set OK button permanently OK bypassing the dialogue

---------- 1 of 1 ----------
From: d chung <[hidden email]>
Date: Jun 22 02:23AM -0700

Dear masters,
I am moving on.
I cut away the dlg part and replaced it with some fixed values.
Everything works fine except that the bar code has been read 248 times and
there is no loop in the codes. It was entered only once. What went wrong?

Chung

On Thursday, 30 May 2019 17:01:31 UTC+8, d chung wrote:

--
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?utm_source=digest&utm_medium=email#!forum/wxpython-users/join

> I cut away the dlg part and replaced it with some fixed values.
> Everything works fine except that the bar code has been read 248 times and there is no loop in the codes. It was entered only once. What went wrong?

You haven't shown us anything about a bar code, so we can't possibly address that. You did

I do want to point out that this line will never succeed:

if self.input[2] != 0 and not self.input[2]:

That says "if input 2 is not 0 and input 2 is 0." It can never be both. I can't guess what you really intended there.

I'm also concerned about these linesL
self.m1, self.t1 = '', ''
self.Language()
wx.MessageBox(self.m1, self.t1)

Is the "self.Language()" call going to modify the values of self.m1 and self.t1? If so, that's a very poor design, because you're relying on side effects. A person looking at your code would have no way to know that the function call is modifying other variables. If that's looking up a language translation, it would be much better to pass them as parameters:
m1, t1 = self.Language( '', '' )

Now it's absolutely clear what goes in, and what comes out.

Akshath Singhal <[hidden email]>: Jun 22 07:11PM -0700

Has anyone used a checklistbox inside a grid?
The image shows the desired behaviour.
Any pointers regarding this would be highly appreciated.
Charley Khan <[hidden email]>: Jun 22 05:45PM -0700

Trying to use latest snapshot builds to pick up bugfix (see TreeCtrl /
delete thread) -- sized_controls.SizedDialog seems broken
On 4.0. this script pops a dialog over a frame:

#!/usr/bin/python

import wx
print wx.__version__

import wx.lib.sized_controls as sc

app = wx.App()
frame = wx.Frame(None, title='simple.py')
dlg = sc.SizedDialog(parent=frame, title="test dialog")
wx.StaticText(dlg.GetContentsPane(), label="a dialog")
frame.Show()
dlg.ShowModal()
app.MainLoop()

I'm getting this exception on both Windows and Mac with wxPython
4.1.0a1.dev4130

$ python scdialog-broken-41.py
4.1.0a1.dev4130+927b6d94
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "scdialog-broken-41.py", line 19, in <module>
dlg = sc.SizedDialog(parent=frame, title="test dialog")
File "u:/usr/extras/wx-4.1.0a1-win\wx\lib\sized_controls.py", line 600,
in __init__
self.SetExtraStyle(wx.WS_EX_VALIDATE_RECURSIVELY)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute
'WS_EX_VALIDATE_RECURSIVELY'

That symbol does appear to be in _core.pyd for my 4.0.x install, but not
4.1.0
Suggestions appreciated.
-ck
srfpala <[hidden email]>: Jun 22 04:29PM -0700

In Precord text p 15 Show a BitMap uses:

super(MyFrame, self).__init__(parent, id, title, pos, size, style, name)

The above statement seems superfluous, and ASAIK offers nothing new to the
App.
Why is it needed ?
Bob
Mike Driscoll <[hidden email]>: Jun 22 07:13PM -0500

It's not needed. But it doesn't hurt anything either. Also I think it is
recommended to use super() that way I'm Python 3.

So while it's not needed it is conventional to use it in the latest version
of Python.

Mike

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to [hidden email].